Wednesday, September 29, 2010
ENJOY BEAUTIFUL FALL WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS - FALL FESTIVAL
posted by admin at 23:00 || under Monthly Newsletters
October 2, 2010
10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Fall is definitely in the air. The days are gorgeous with the warm sun and cool breezes. It's a great time to visit the Gardens and spend time with family and friends.
Enjoy the wide variety of activities.
The Entire 35-Acre Gardens Are Yours To Experience
- Half Marathon and 5K (runs start at 8:00 am)
- Gardening speakers include Chris Wiesinger "The Bulb Hunter" and Dr. Bill Welch, award-winning author
- Story time with five award-winning children's book authors
- Texas Department of Texas Quilt Exhibit
- Plant sales including native plant sales
- Live entertainment and demonstrations
- Children Activities - clowns, pumpkin painting, pumpkin golf and pictures in the pumpkin patch
- Exhibit of the winning 2010 Clark Garden Photography Contest pictures
- Food and beverages
There's something for everyone. See you soon!
Visit our website for Fall Festival details.
Rain Water Harvesting
- Oct 5, 2010
Learn how to design and install a rainwater harvesting ...
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
SPRING FESTIVAL AND VEGETABLE GARDENING CLASS
posted by admin at 14:55 || under Special Events
|Clark Gardens Spring Festival|
Saturday and Sunday
March 27 and 28, 2010
10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Join us for two days of fun for the whole family!
Model Train Show
· North Texas Garden Railway Club: G Scale
· Tex-N Modular Railroad Club: N Scale
· Lone Star Hi-Railers Model Railroad Association: O Gauge
· Children's Thomas The Train Play Area
· Annetta Valley and Western Railroad Club with 7-1/2" Scale models
· Clark Gardens: 1200 feet of G Scale Layout
· Take a ride around the Park on the ChooChoo Express Trackless Train
Classic Car Show Saturday, 1:00pm - 4:00pm
· Sponsored by Faith Covenant Church
· Hosted by Mineral Wells Muscle
· Cars judged by popular vote.
· Trophies for top ten and goody bags for first 50 entries.
· Entry fee $15.00 includes 2 free passes to the garden.
· Drawings for Door Prizes
For more information check with Faith Covenant Church, 416 North Oak in Mineral Wells, Texas or call 940-325-3456
Gardening Demonstrations, Plant Sales ...
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
JANUARY 2010 - WINTER GARDEN AND FEATHERED FRIENDS
posted by admin at 14:40 || under Monthly Newsletters
|The Winter Garden & Our Feathered Friends|
|The Winter Garden|
As I put the finishing touches on this newsletter it is midday and the temperature is 70 degrees. Was it really in the lower teens just two weeks ago? Gee Whiz!
I enjoyed a walk around the garden yesterday and took some photographs. Too often we think of our winter gardens as absent of color but that's simply not true. It is truly a great time to come visit the gardens. We have many different types of evergreen trees and shrubbery which provide a beautiful backdrop of greenery. One of the smaller evergreen shrubs is the Mahonia bealei, commonly called the leather leaf mahonia. It is a member of the barberry family. It grows to be about 4-6 feet tall and 3-4 feet wide. It has large, pinnately compound leaves with erect, unbranched, stiff stems. It is a native of China and is ...