Wednesday, April 29, 2009
CLARK GARDENS MAY 2009 NEWSLETTER
posted by admin at 9:32 || under Monthly Newsletters
|Gardening with Texas Tough Heirloom Bulbs|
with Chris Wiesinger
Date: Saturday, May 2, 2009
Time: 10:00 am
Clark Gardens presents Chris Wiesinger, The Bulb Hunter on Saturday, May 2, 2009. Mr. Wiesinger, President/Owner of Southern Bulbs, specializes in rare and tough bulbs suitable for Texas landscapes. For those eager to enrich their gardens with a touch of color and fragrance, heirloom bulbs are unusual,endangered beauties, guaranteed to enhance the beauty within every garden.
Chris is a 2004 graduate of Texas A&M University, where he majored in horticulture and floriculture, and was a member of the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets. Chris founded the Southern Bulb Co.from a college project upon graduation .
Following his presentation in Clark Chapel, Mr. Wiesinger will be available for questions and answers. He will have a selection of bulbs available for purchase. Many of the beautiful,endangered bulbs cannot be found elsewhere.
Regular admission fees apply: $7.00/adult; $5.00/senior and children ...
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
CLARK GARDENS APRIL 2009 NEWSLETTER
posted by admin at 8:00 || under Monthly Newsletters
Welcome to Clark Gardens
Spring has arrived. Come join us for our Spring Festival, check-out our new gift shop and learn more about our Gardens and their history.
| Spring Festival|
Join us for two days of fun, food and entertainment - for all ages.Model Train Show
Classic Car ShowSaturday, 1pm - 4pm
- North Texas Garden Railway Club: G Scale
- Tex-N Modular Railroad Club: N Scale
- Lone Star Flyer: S Scale
- Annetta Valley and Western Railroad Club with 7 Scale Models
- Clark Station with its permanent G Scale layout with HO and O scales.
- Take a ride around the Park on the Choo Choo Express Trackless Train
- Purchase model trains from participating retailers: Train Boxes Plus and Cayuga Trains.
- Sponsored by Faith Covenant Church
- Hosted by Mineral Wells Muscle
- Cars judged by the Parker County Cruisers Car Club
- Trophies for class winners and dash plaques and goody bags for the first 50 entries.
- Entry fee $15, includes 2 free passes to ...