Wednesday, March 10, 2010
SPRING FESTIVAL AND VEGETABLE GARDENING CLASS
posted by admin at 14:55 || under Special Events
|Clark Gardens Spring Festival|
Saturday and Sunday
March 27 and 28, 2010
10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Join us for two days of fun for the whole family!
Model Train Show
· North Texas Garden Railway Club: G Scale
· Tex-N Modular Railroad Club: N Scale
· Lone Star Hi-Railers Model Railroad Association: O Gauge
· Children's Thomas The Train Play Area
· Annetta Valley and Western Railroad Club with 7-1/2" Scale models
· Clark Gardens: 1200 feet of G Scale Layout
· Take a ride around the Park on the ChooChoo Express Trackless Train
Classic Car Show Saturday, 1:00pm - 4:00pm
· Sponsored by Faith Covenant Church
· Hosted by Mineral Wells Muscle
· Cars judged by popular vote.
· Trophies for top ten and goody bags for first 50 entries.
· Entry fee $15.00 includes 2 free passes to the garden.
· Drawings for Door Prizes
For more information check with Faith Covenant Church, 416 North Oak in Mineral Wells, Texas or call 940-325-3456
Gardening Demonstrations, Plant Sales and Lectures
· Saturday; 11:00 am presentation by Dr. William C Welch: Antique Roses
· Clark Gardens Garden Club: Sustainable Vegetable Gardening and Composting.
· Plant Sales including Native Plants: Cross Timbers Native Plant Society
Activities for Children
· Fun and Educational Gardening and Nature Activities
· Petting Zoo and Pony Rides
· Easter Egg Hunt: Sunday 1:00 pm
Texas Wine Tasting and Artisanal Cheeses
· Wines by Barking Rocks Winery and Vineyard of Granbury, TX
· Artisanal Cheeses presented by Antonelli's Cheese Shop of Austin, TX
$5/Senior (65 and over)
Additional fees for wine tasting (includes souvenir glass), pony rides and train rides.
$5/Children (5-12 years old)
No Charge Children 4 and under
Tickets may be purchased at the Garden entry or by phone: 940.682.4856.
|Bountiful Vegetable Gardening Class|
March 23 through June 8, 2010
6:00 to 7:30 pm
Clark Gardens and Weatherford College have teamed up again for our "Bountiful Vegetable Garden Crops" vegetable gardening class. Classes start March 23, 2010 and meet every Tuesday from 6:00 to 7:30 pm. The last class is June 8, 2010. Each participant has their own plot to plant, tend to and harvest. Registration information for the class may be found on the Weatherford College website and using the related links below. All classes are held at Clark Gardens.
Link to the Weatherford College 2010 Spring and Summer Continuing Education class schedule. The Bountiful Garden class is on page 17.
View/print the Weatherford College continuing education class registration form.
Following is the course description and information about the vegetable gardening class, taken from the Weatherford College 2010 spring and summer class schedule.
"Bountiful Vegetable Garden Crops
(Commercial Horticulture )
A study of the scientific principles that apply to the cultivation of garden and ornamental plants including fruits, vegetables, flowers, and nursery crops. Topics include specific types of plants, plant breeding, plant physiology, and crop production. 18 contact hrs
HALT 1000.M17 3/23- 6/08 T 6:00PM- 7:30PM CLRK GRD $140"
|We look forward to seeing you in the Gardens.|
- The Clark Gardens Family
Clark Gardens is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Website and email marketing production by Pro Epic.
|Clark Gardens Botanical Park|
567 Maddux Road
Weatherford, Texas 76088
|Clark Gardens on:|
Clark Gardens Botanical Park | 567 Maddux Road | Weatherford | TX | 76088